NorthCott Fabrics Stonehenge 10 Year Anniversary Solstice Panel Quilt Challenge
In celebration of the 10th anniversary of the iconic Stonehenge brand, our shop is hosting a Solstice Panel Quilt Challenge!
- Quilters are challenged to use the Solstice panel in a creative way to make a quilt no larger than 60”x 60”. The quilt top must be made of 100% Stonehenge fabrics from the Solstice Anniversary collection with the option of including the Gradations Oxidized Copper palette and the Robin’s Egg green SKU 39300-79.
- The quilt backing can be any fabric of your choice.
- The quilt must be finished-quilted and bound. The binding must be a Stonehenge fabric.
- Each participating shop runs their own in-store contest and accepts their local entries.
- You must physically submit your panel quilt to your local participating Block Party quilt shop by November 30th 2019. That shop will judge entries and pick a winner, who will receive a Stonehenge Precut prize!
NorthCott Fabrics Stonehenge Block Party
March 15-September 30th, 2019
Northcott has created a Stonehenge Block Party that includes over 400 shops across North America! Each participating shop is designing and selling kits for a unique block pattern using fabrics from the Stonehenge Solstice 10th Anniversary collection. You can travel from shop to shop to collect these limited edition blocks. Pennington Quilt Works is participating with this Kaleidoscope block kit!
Block Party Quilt Contest:
1. Quilters are challenged to use 12 or more different blocks from the Stonehenge Block Party in a quilt design
2. The quilt top must be made of 100% Stonehenge fabrics from the Stonehenge Solstice Anniversary collection with the option of including the Gradations Oxidized Copper palette and the Robin’s Egg green SKU 39300-79. The quilt backing can be any fabric of your choice. The quilt must be finished – quilted and bound.
3. Take a photo or photos of your finished quilt and submit via Northcott’s online submissions page by December 31st, 2019. As part of your submission, you will be asked to include a list of the shops whose blocks are included in the quilt.
4. The Northcott judges will select 10 finalists and have them send in their quilts for a final round of judging. They will choose a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winner!
Pennington Day Quilt Show
Pennington Quilt Works Grand Reopening Party
Join us May 24 and 25 to celebrate our new space!
A Child is Born: 2-Day Embroidery Workshop with Claudia Dinnell
Celebrate the first Christmas with Mary, Joseph, and the Christ child in a lowly stable in Bethlehem. Shepherds, wisemen, and glorious angels on high marvel at the signs and sights of His birth. Design created by PQW's very own Nyssa Benthin.
In this 2-Day Workshop students will master Claudia's multi-hooping technique for perfect placement! Improve your hooping skills, better understand the features on your machine that allow you to manipulate designs for better alignment. Get tips & techniques that make your embroidery flat, fun, & flawless! Designs in this pattern are all machine embroidered.
Instructor: Claudia Dinnell
Fee: $299; includes lunch both days and her exclusive embroidery designs
Dates: Friday, June 21 and Saturday, June 22; 9am-3pm both days
Requirements: The minimum required stitch field is 7 1/2" wide x 11 1/2" long. The finished quilt size is 55" square. Pre-class preparation is necessary. Individual pattern required for each student.